Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Trip To Alabama.

For those of you who don't know I was born in Alabama and moved to Oregon with my Mom when I was 6 1/2. Well at the end of June I received an invitation to my cousins wedding! He lives in Alabama as I'm pretty sure you have guessed by now :) So I immediently put into motion a plan to see if I could go and it turned out I could!! By the time the day came to leave I had found out that my Uncle had been diagnosed with Liver cancer. He too lives in AL. I was really glad that I was already heading down there because now I could see him too! It also made it a lot easier to get on those planes! So on August 1st 2am our time I boarded a plane in route to AL via Atlanta. My plane was originally scheduled to leave at 10:30pm on the 31st but was delayed. Yay for spending way to much time being stuck in an airport!! Luckily I had things to keep me occupied! When I arrived in AL my cousin Dawn and cousin Jason and his family were there to greet me :) When we were out in the parking garage that is when Michelle (Jason's wife) told me that my Uncles chances were not that great. Which in turn made me a big ball of emotions. I couldn't help it I just let it out. I figured better in front of them than in front of him. I mean this was the man who I chose to walk me down the aisle!! He means SO much to me and is one of my favorite people ever! I couldn't imagine loosing him, I just couldn't! Luckily he is now on medication that will buy him a few years versus months.
I managed to pull myself together (or maybe I was in shock) to have a good time at my cousins wedding that was that night. I got to see all of my dads side of the family in one spot. I hadn't seen them in 14 years. So needless to say we had a lot of catching up to do. It also helped (my nerves that is) that the hotel where the reception was had a fully stocked bar :)
Well I could be on here forever talking about all the events that occurred during that trip but I will leave with this...It was a short trip but within that time I caught up with my family, met some new family members and all in all had a great trip. I also realized I need to visit way more often! Next time bringing MY family for sure!!

Here are some photos from the trip:

No comments:

Post a Comment