Sunday, March 8, 2009

One Proud Mama!




I have come to the realization that I have written a lot about my Son on here but not much about my Daughter Makiya! So I thought I would start :) She is going on 5 1/2 years old and she is starting to read!! I am SO proud of her!! It all started when I talked to a local kindergarten teacher and I asked what she would need to know before starting kindergarten (she starts Fall of 09 because of a late bday). One of the things she needed to know and didn't at the time was the sounds letters make! So we started working with her on that. Mind you this all started about 5 months ago! It then turned into her starting to write her own words. She started this all on her own! Now we are reading together every night before bed. The book we are reading has several paragraphs on every other page (leaving room for pictures of course). We both take turns reading a page :) She loves it!! She is doing so well with this!! There are some pretty big words in this book! I usually help her with them once sometimes twice and then she knows them the next time she sees them! I know there are probably lots of other kids doing this same thing but I'm just so PROUD of her that I just had to share!!!

1 comment:

  1. She is so amazing! she's even trying to teach Tristan to read, too! And she's just the nicest sweetheart :) No wonder she is his best friend!

    ReplyDelete